Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Photos While-U-Wait

Some months ago I hinted at the possibility that I might be taking way more photos than you could ever reasonably want to see (2987 and counting), but that I was having trouble loading even a small number of those to the web here. Well, clear your calendar folks because I have been tirelessly loading those photos - on mindnumbingly slow internet connections from Accra to Ouagadougou and beyond - and they're now available for your viewing pleasure.

For the full story, here is a link to my flickr page where you'll find a series of collections covering everything from our arrival in Accra to, thus far, almost the end of our stay at the farm.

For those with a little less time on their hands, try the not-intentionally-ironically-named Quick Tour in which you'll find a collection of the highlights.

We are now in Bamako, Mali waiting for a plane to Casablanca from where we will update you on our week in Burkina Faso and the strange circumstances that have brought us here, to surprisingly fast and free wifi at the Bamako Airport surrounded by a mob of soccer-mad Malians hollering in support of blue-and-whites of Chelsea (we think) on the lounge tv.

Oh yes, and I'm still working on the captions. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photos...So hard to choose a favourite. I love the African women dancing and those standing with some kind of [ceremonial] staff(?) Also only one woman has body markings. Is she special?

    I guess they are all special. The photos are very very very special.

    ReplyDelete